The growth of motorcycle transport in Nigeria has been amazing over the years and that’s due to the high density of population in Nigeria, motorcycles have been a viable solution for getting from one place to the other.
In this article, we will discuss the motorcycle market scenario in Nigeria and give you some good facts about new motorcycle prices in Nigeria.
The industry in Nigeria is highly acclaimed for its quality and durable motorcycles. With a population of over 200 million people in Nigeria, the use of motorcycles as a means of transport has become inevitable.
Due to the population density in Nigeria, motorcycles have become important in carrying out business transactions, transporting goods, and other social activities.
The increasing demand for a new era of motorcycles has spurred production, upgrading, and development in all aspects of bicycles.
The modern-day consumer is also more demanding and this has prompted manufacturers to produce motorcycles that have more power, safety, and speed than before.
Common Motorcycles in Nigeria
In Nigeria, different types of motorcycles are sold. The main types of motorcycles are:
1. Cruiser bikes
These bikes are also known as cruisers or touring bikes and they are generally used for commuting, cruising, or touring purposes. These bikes are also ideal as a means of transport as they are extremely comfortable and easy to ride.
Cruiser bikes have comfy seats, large gas tanks, comfortable suspension, and stabilizers. The sophistication of the cruiser bike is clear from its sturdy frame and aluminum alloy wheel which make it highly rigid.
2. Passenger/Okada Bikes
This type of motorcycle is a large-sized bike that can accommodate two passengers on it. The okada bikes are used as commercial vehicles in Nigeria, and they are common on the streets.
They have low seat height and a short wheelbase. They are generally used in urban and suburban areas where there is a high density of riders.
3. Sport Bikes
These motorcycles are highly customized with great performance modifications. They are ideal for those who prefer to ride with high-level performance.
With a sporty look, these bikes can easily cruise at high speeds due to their lightweight. Sport bikes are built with higher ground clearance, fairing on the front and back of the bike, and other performance-enhancing parts.
4. Dual Purpose Bikes
This type of motorcycle has a better engine than the other types of motorcycles and it is commonly used for work as well. These bikes have dual-purpose engines which are also known as transverse engines or V-twin engines.
It has a motor in the front that drives the bike, while another motor on the back drives some parts. The dual-purpose bikes are ideal for speed and it is even used in some races.
New Motorcycle Prices in Nigeria
- Qlink Champion 200A price range from ₦320, 000 – ₦350, 000
- Qlink Cruiser price range from ₦300, 000 – ₦370,000
- Qlink Ranger price range from ₦370, 000 – ₦400, 000
- Qlink Target (Ladies) price range from ₦300,000 – ₦350,000
- Bajaj Pulsar NS160 price range from ₦230,000 – ₦300, 000
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS price range from ₦200,000 – ₦250,000
- Baja Pulsar AS150 price range from ₦320,000 – ₦350,000
- Bajaj V15 price range from ₦200, 000 – ₦230, 000
- Bajaj Discover 125F price range from: ₦170,000 – ₦200,000
- Jincheng Ladies Bike price range from ₦250,000 – ₦300, 000
- Jincheng JC Series price range from ₦250,000 – ₦350,000
- Honda CG Series price range from ₦250,000 – ₦350,000
- Honda CBR Power Bike (2018) price range from ₦7 million – ₦8 million
- Honda Dio Series price range from ₦200, 000 – ₦250,000
What You Should Consider When Buying New Motorcycle In Nigeria
The process of buying a new motorcycle in Nigeria is not a simple task. There are many factors that need to be considered before you make the final decision about which motorcycle to buy. Some of these factors.
The engine is one of the most important parts of the motorcycle, and if you have no knowledge about it, you should consult an expert to help you out.
Most new motorcycles available in the market are built with 4-stroke engines which can withstand high stress and load. The engines are often made of steel, aluminum, or titanium.
The engine of the motorcycle is important because it determines the speed and the power that can be generated by the motorcycle. The more powerful a motorcycle’s engine is, the faster it will be able to generate speed.
However, you should always know that speed isn’t everything in a motorbike as safety should be a top priority for you. You should buy a bike whose engine can efficiently meet your needs as well as your safety needs.
Asides, from choosing the right engine, you should also consider fuel efficiency and reliability. The engine you select should be considered as efficient and reliable, in that order.
If you can’t ensure the fuel efficiency and reliability of your desired motorcycle, then it’s ideal that you would consider another one.
Compare Prices of Motorcycles in Nigeria
- Kasea motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Haojue motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Daylong motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Honda motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Qlink motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Jincheng motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Lifan motorcycle price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Suzuki Motorcycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Boxer Motorcycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- TVS Motorcycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Motorcycle Helmet Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Motorcycle Battery Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Yamaha Motorcycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Ladies Motorcycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
- Bajaj Motorcycle Price in Nigeria (March 2023)
Other factors that must be considered before you buy a new bike include seats, suspension, brakes, suspension system, wheels, etc. Consider the type of seat you want for your new bike.
There are different types of seats available on the market today and each one has its advantages and disadvantages.
In conclusion, the engine, fuel efficiency, and other aspects should be taken into account when shopping for a new motorcycle in Nigeria.
Make sure you calculate the total cost of the bike in your decision-making process. It is my hope that you will feel confident in your ability to select the ideal bike after reading this.