Getting the price of building materials for engineers and quantity surveyors without leaving the site has not been quite easy.
We believe it is one step after the other, since we have written about the prices of cement in Nigeria in our last post, and we have shifted focus to the white cement price in Nigeria. If this is exactly what you are searching for, stay glued till the end.
Jump to Content
What is white cement?
White cement performs special functions in the construction and decoration of buildings.
White cement is a specific type of cement that has a very light color. It is made by adding white limestone and other ingredients to the traditional cement mix.
This makes the cement less likely to show dirt and stains and is a popular choice for construction projects that require a clean and bright appearance.
Current Price of White Cement in Nigeria
POP or white cement is used to create appealing and elegant decorations on buildings adds to the cost of the material.
The price of white cement in Nigeria is currently at an all-time high. This is due to the devaluation of the naira, and the high cost of importing cement from other countries.
The price of white cement has increased by 66.7% in the past year. This increase has caused a rise in the cost of construction projects, as white cement is a key ingredient in most construction projects.
White cement is more expensive in Nigeria than standard Portland cement because the two are used for different purposes.
The cost of production, the quality of the product, and the location of the company all determine the cost of this cement.
Here is the current price of white cement in Nigeria (1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 40kg)
- 1kg Jk white Portland cement: ₦400 – ₦900.
- 5kg Jk white Portland cement: ₦1,500 – ₦2,500
- 25kg Jk caramel white Portland cement: ₦7,500 – ₦10,500
- 40kg Jk perfect white Portland cement: ₦12,000 – ₦19,000
- 40kg POP cement: ₦5,500 – ₦8,500
Price Last Updated: January 9th, 2023
We are making efforts to provide you with the most accurate price available from these various brands, if you notice any discrepancy, please contact us or leave a comment below with the current price.
White Cement vs Gray Cement
The quantity of iron oxide and manganese oxide present in grey cement is reduced when manufacturing the white cement to achieve a pure white colored and fine powder.
Apart from the aesthetic function of the white cement, it also makes it easier for designers to mix any other colour to achieve a specific design. This is not possible with ordinary Portland cement, as the grey won’t give room for other colours.
Gray cement takes longer to set than white cement. It can also be used for serious concrete construction operations, as it seems weaker than ordinary Portland cement.
The process of producing white cement consumes more energy and resources when compared to gray cement. It is one of the reasons white cement price is 4x higher than gray cement in Nigeria.
What are the uses of White Cement?
White cement is a type of cement that is used for making concrete. It is made by grinding white limestone and other materials into a fine powder. White cement is used in many construction projects because it gives concrete a bright, white appearance. Some of its uses are listed below:
- White cement is used for both interior and exterior decorations
- It is used by artists during sculpture designs
- It is used for colour designs when mixed with other colors
- it is used for filling in tilling
- It is used for screeding by masonry
- It can be used to replace white paint during road construction
- White cents are used for prestigious constructions
- Making concrete countertops and other decorative surfaces
- Used for Crafting faux marble or stone finishes
Compare the Prices of Other Cement in Nigeria
- Elephant Cement Price in Nigeria (February 2023)
- Current Price of Bua Cement in Nigeria (February 2023)
- Dangote Cement Price in Nigeria Today (February 2023)
- Grouting Cement Price in Nigeria Today (February 2023)
- Current Price of Cement in Nigeria (February 2023)
A number of factors influence the price of white cement in Nigeria. The cost of production, the availability of raw materials, and the demand for cement are all factors to consider. Also, the cost of transportation affects the price of cement, which varies from one region to the next.